[rc5] How to get win32 client to send while already online

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Nov 10 14:03:32 EST 1997

| There is no way to detect a modem connection, so you just have to adjust
| your threshold for what is probable and go from there.  Random blocks are
| done whenever you exhaust the in buffer.

An alternate approach is to set your thresholds to the max (200:200), and
then in a separate window, run the client with the "-flush" option.  I
would imagine some of the various Windows dialin programs will let you
launch an arbitrary program when the connection comes up.  (At least, I'd
hope.)

On my Linux box at home, I have it buffer 200:200, and then asynchonously,
I dial in a couple times a day and do an ./rc564 -flush.  Works pretty well.
On top of that, I have a cron job which runs twice a day to dial in and
flush, so in the worst case I get about 122-123 blocks queued up.  Not bad,
IMHO.  I see no reason which this shouldn't work in Windows as long as you
can write dialscripts.

Regards,

--Joe