[rc5] How to get win32 client to send while already online

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Mon Nov 10 15:32:38 EST 1997

>There is no way to detect a modem connection, so you just have to adjust
>your threshold for what is probable and go from there.  Random blocks are
>done whenever you exhaust the in buffer.

Sure there is. There's a "lurk" option ("lurk=1" in the .ini file) which
is supposed to do just that, at least in the non-GUI win32 version of the
client. I use it with threshold settings of 200:1. After each block is
completed, it'll dump whatever it has if there's a modem connection;
otherwise it'll just press on.

Chris Johnson