[rc5] FYI - Possible PerProxy problem

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Mon Nov 10 18:12:58 EST 1997

Ryan Dumperth (woodie at indy.net), on 11/10/97 5:45 PM, wrote the following:

>IRC is no better. This issue has been raised repeatedly, with no
>acknowledgement. After a while, you just get used to the admins not talking
>to the folks running their software with any regularity.

The distributed.net admins seem to HATE talking about stats at all. If
you ever go in there, just wait for someone to ask about them, and see if
[names deleted] doesn't jump all over them.

These guys are aloof, inaccessible, unfriendly, unprofessional, and
occasionally rude.

Other than that, they're great.

I know people will 'yell' at me for saying those things, but it just
SHOCKS me, every single day, that they've got this huge resource of
people willing to run their software FOR FREE, people that spend so much
time trying to figure out d.net's problems, and yet they usually treat
these people like they don't even exist.

Alright, I'm done.

Seth

                  seth at snet.net
    http://macrobyte.simplenet.com/sethspeak/