[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Paul West paulw at premier1.net
Mon Nov 10 18:08:16 EST 1997

hrdluk wrote:

> Oh come on, Software Police? what are you talking about?  You
> and I both know you are talking out of your ass.

They do exist!  In fact a company only a few miles south of my
office was recently raided, Sheriff's deputies and officals from
the Software Publishers Assocation showed up with warrents, and
took inventory of every program running on every computer in the
building.  The company ended up settling out of court for about
$500,000.

> And while we're at it, I'd like to express the fact that I use
> pirated software,

Thats your perogitive.  Realize that statutory damages should you
ever get caught are $20,000 per violation, plus attorneys fees.