[rc5] Win 3.11 client?

Stephen Berg sberg at goldinc.com
Mon Nov 10 21:44:12 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:24:30 -0500, Robert A. Costner wrote:

>This brings up something that crossed my mind earlier.  I think I saw a DOS
>client.  My real thought/question is, could a machine that never has
>connectivity to TCP/IP crunch keyblocks, then use a transfer method -
>shared directory, floppy, etc. to transfer the blocks back and forth to a
>machine that does have connectivity?  And would it work cross platform?

It should, in fact I've seen discussion of doing that.  Just move the
buff_in and buff_out files to a networked system, and run "rc564
-flush" and it should send out the completed buffers.  If you're
gonna sneaker net them as a general rule, "rc564 -update" will send
the completed blocks and fetch new blocks.  Then just copy the buffer
files back to the non-networked machine and start up the client
again.

                            Stephen Berg
//- USAF Instructor  -/-  Team OS2 Member  -/-  Merlin Beta Tester -//
//- Home = sberg at goldinc.com // Work = berg at trs333.kee.aetc.af.mil -//
//-                    http://www.goldinc.com/~sberg/              -//
//-   If you build a better mousetrap, someone will genetically    -//
//-                     engineer a better mouse.                   -//

PMTagLine - Copyright, 1996, Stephen Berg
... I'm okay-It's only a flesh wound. Get that file uploaded!