[rc5] Win 3.11 client?

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Tue Nov 11 17:48:09 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:24:30 -0500, Robert A. Costner wrote:

>At 07:17 PM 11/10/97 -0600, Michael Conwell wrote:
>>Any news on the Win 3.11 client?  Unfortunately, it is the main platform at
>>my work...but until it emerges, I can't participate.
>
>This brings up something that crossed my mind earlier.  I think I saw a DOS
>client.  My real thought/question is, could a machine that never has
>connectivity to TCP/IP crunch keyblocks, then use a transfer method -
>shared directory, floppy, etc. to transfer the blocks back and forth to a
>machine that does have connectivity?  And would it work cross platform?

Yeah it works fine. No problems with cross platform either.

My DOS machine has no tcpip. But it does have the IBM OS/2 LAN Server
client installed. I just run the dos binaries from a directory on the
server. The OS/2 machines do the same, and share the buffers no probs.

I have manually copied them via floppy and there were no probs with
that method either
 daniel carter
 1 crown st, dunedin, new zealand ;-}
 Windows=OS/2 + training wheels you can't take off