[rc5] Java and RC5

Stephen Berg sberg at goldinc.com
Tue Nov 11 07:40:36 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 23:17:44 -0800, Greg Hewgill wrote:

>I put together a sample applet that cracks RC5 keys for 30 seconds and reports
>the results. To try this out (it runs in your browser), go to:
>
>  http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~gregh/rc5

If you want to start adding in more sample results here's mine.

247552 Keys checked
30002 ms
8251 Keys/sec

This is on a Pentium 133, running OS/2 Warp 4 using the Java out of
Netscape 2.02 for OS/2.  I tried getting it to run outside of
netscape but keep getting the same error:  "In class RC5: void
main(String argv[]) is undefined"  Have to give it a little effort to
figure out why I get that and try it without Netscape.

                            Stephen Berg
//- USAF Instructor  -/-  Team OS2 Member  -/-  Merlin Beta Tester -//
//- Home = sberg at goldinc.com // Work = berg at trs333.kee.aetc.af.mil -//
//-                    http://www.goldinc.com/~sberg/              -//
//-   If you build a better mousetrap, someone will genetically    -//
//-                     engineer a better mouse.                   -//