[rc5] How to get win32 client to send while already online

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Tue Nov 11 10:19:33 EST 1997

> >There is also a 'lurkonly' option ("lurkonly=1" in the .ini
> >file) which does exactly what Andrew is asking for.  It won't
> >initiate a connection, but it will take advantage of any
> >connections that are created by other applications or the user.
>
> I wasn't familiar with "lurkonly." Only "lurk" appears to be documented,
> and it does what you say "lurkonly" does. What's the difference between
> the two?

If you specify lurk, then IN ADDITION TO the usualy network
connection attempts, it will initiate one when it detects that you go
online.

If you specify lurkonly, then it will initiate a network connection
ONLY when it detects that you go online.

The first is fine if you don't have dial-on-demand support support
installed.  However, if you do, then the rc564 program will cause
your phone to dial at what could be unappropriate times (like when
you're on the phone).

-- Tim

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com