[rc5] Thinking of an Alpha

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Nov 11 10:12:16 EST 1997

        Which reminds me.  Local experiments with Win3.x and Win95 showed
     that doubling the system clock speed while tripling the processor
     speed resulted in dramatic increases in GPF rates.  These increases
     were successfully countered by moving to ECC RAM.
        And to think -- I always thought it was caused by MS's inability to
     program.  Now I know that the ones I get *are*.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu