[rc5] Java and RC5

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Tue Nov 11 12:49:58 EST 1997

Why not have the "client" be the thing that sits on the web server end of
the connection? I would download this client and serve it on my home page.
People who wander by would see something saying "You're now helping to
crack RC5 code. Want to be more involved? Click here." or words to that
effect, sort of a java-applet-in-a-banner. During the time they were
looking at my page, the java applet would be doing some work on their
computers, however little. My client (the thing serving the applet) would
hand out tiny blocks, accumulate the returned tiny blocks into the
normal-sized blocks, and then hand them to the regular key servers using
the standard protocol. The key servers wouldn't have to be modified at
all.

Chris