[rc5] Stats solution? (long)

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Tue Nov 11 14:02:58 EST 1997

>We weren't ready for RC5-56 to come to an end.

I don't really want to get into this discussion, but I'd like to point out
that it's always struck me as odd that the Bovine crew say they were
caught by surprise when the RC5-56 solution was found. They work
(according to their own accounts) tirelessly and to the exclusion of
everything else in their lives to find a solution to a problem, and then
when they find it, they're surprised. "We've found the very thing we were
looking for. We certainly didn't expect that."

Chris