[rc5] Newsgroup

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Nov 11 21:34:57 EST 1997

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Jude Giampaolo wrote:

> Joe Zbiciak carved on a block of stone:
> >
> > How about a couple "alt" groups, then?  One which is for distributed
> > computing in general, and one which is specific to distributed.net?
>
> Gack, I think that's even worse. What's wrong with just one comp.*
> group?

OK. Maybe not a general Usenet group, but a local newsserver running
on some machine somewhere (news.distributed.net)

Then we have toplevel groups!
rc5.stats
rc5.platformrequests
rc5.flame
rc5.advocacy

OK. Who has a spare fast 24/7 machine to run a newsserver?
(linked to the newsgroup)

Ivo

Then I can unsubscribe to this list. >150/day is just not funny
anymore.