[rc5] Thinking of an Alpha (the end)

Brian Neal bneal at volusianet.net
Tue Nov 11 17:44:24 EST 1997

Great enough quantities is true, but what about someone who doesn't
need a multiuser system...

However, the reason I started this thread is because someone wanted
an alpha, and I advised against it... I know from experience that they are
more trouble than they are worth.  If you really want a workstation class
system, I recommend either a Dual-P2 system, or a Sun (The Netra i sells
for only $15,000 and comes fully loaded with tons of software).

Of course, it is my opinion that if someone buys one of these just to crack
keys for distributed.net, they have TOO much money and need to
DISTRIBUTE it!  :)

-brian