[rc5] Newsgroup

wooledge at kellnet.com wooledge at kellnet.com
Tue Nov 11 21:42:12 EST 1997

Michael Driscoll (fenris at frob.ml.org) wrote:

> >What about a newsgroup for d.net?
> >comp.sys.distributed

> I'd suggest something like comp.network-distributed or
> comp.distributed.low-bandwidth, to distinguish between
> projects like d.net and things like clustering or farming.

These two at least:

comp.distributed.idle-cycle		(Bovine meets this description)
comp.distributed.misc

And we might also want something like:

comp.distributed.high-bandwidth		(This name SUCKS, but I'm temporarily
					 unable to come up with the right one.)

(This last would encompass Beowulf, ASIC Red, etc.)

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"