[rc5] Java and RC5

Robert Brooks robertb at geocities.com
Wed Nov 12 07:51:40 EST 1997

>[...] Could anyone add code so that it _really_ calculates blocks and
>sends them back? Maybe in a hidden version also, which doesn't quit when
>the page is left...

That would be cruel and dishonest!

... but you could easily hide a Java applet using frames.  Your page has
two frames; one that takes up the whole window, and the other that the user
can't see that contains the stealth applet.  Make sure your page has links
to busy sites like Yahoo! or other search engines, so that your
visitor/victim doesn't use the Back button to escape your frame.  Then,
your frame stays active as long as the user surfs the net...

... at least, until your victim realizes that all his/her bookmarks point
to your URL and mailbombs you, the RC5 webmasters, RSA, and me for
suggesting this devious plan.

I hate frames... see http://www.wwwvoice.com/hatefrm.html

Robert Brooks / robertb at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4535/graph.html (Wallpaper Heaven!)