[rc5] Win32GUI client, sounds and size of EXE file

Richard Freeman rfreeman at netaxs.com
Wed Nov 12 09:58:01 EST 1997

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Hannu Nyman wrote:

> And in order to save a few more bytes, remove the Borland debug
> information from the exe file at the same time ;-)

Its almost scary how many commercial programs I run into that include
debug information free of charge.  I wonder how much that adds up to for a
major corporation in terms of media costs!  I wonder what the bandwidth
requirement of the debug info alone is (the extra stuff everyone in bovine
downloads).  I for one agree that maybe sounds should be an option if
anything (after all, that real physical RAM can be a bit precious on the
average computer out there)...