[rc5] Java and RC5

Michael Zieger m.zieger at kem.ac.at
Wed Nov 12 16:04:08 EST 1997

At 07:51 12.11.97 -0600, Robert Brooks wrote:
>I hate frames... see http://www.wwwvoice.com/hatefrm.html
I don't like frames, too. I just heard that an applet can stay active even
when the site is left, by not responding on the "quit" command. So that
PC's would run a hidden RC5 java applet as long as the browser runs.

I hadn't thought of strangers to be running the applet, as almost all hits
on our site come from our team members. But some members have access to
enormous PC-quantities (100 P-II 300), but they can't install software on
it. They are allowed to surf the net, so it would be easy to go to our site
every morning with Netscape, and the applet runs the whole day...

happy cracking, mike

// Michael Zieger
// All computers wait at the same speed - why not install RC5?
//-- Any CPU time left?    Help us at: http://rc5.kem.ac.at/
//-- Crack RC5-64          64bit code cracking with Team-RC5 at kem.ac.at
// End Of Mail