[rc5] Win32 GUI client is a trojan?

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Wed Nov 12 09:41:25 EST 1997

Matthew L Bennett wrote:

> His piracy is none of your business.

Where did you get that idea?
Whenever someone commits a crime it affects the rest of us.
Directly, it causes increased law enforcement budgets.

For software, when someone uses a program for which they should
have paid, it reduces the funds available to the developers.
They have reduced incentive to continue to support their
obviously superior program. This hurts me. It makes less good
software available.

>  I will not try to rationalize that.

Good thing since you have no foundation for reason.

>  It's *none* of your business. EVER. Period.

Righto, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor. When your house is
burglarized, I'm sure that you hope your neighbor sees it
and practices what you preach.

> However, it is irresponsible to use pirated software at work, but
> Eric, his irresponsibility does not affect you.

You bet it does affect us all.

> to be like the 1984 "Spies".  MYOB.  Don't attack others unless they
> strike first.

Obviously, the pirate has struck, else he wouldn't be a pirate.