[rc5] Java and RC5

Peter Stuer peter at dinf.vub.ac.be
Wed Nov 12 18:20:10 EST 1997

How "nice" would this Java client be in terms of overhead on the system? I
can imagine most people would not like the memory footprint of something
like Netscape loaded in their system just to crank out keys. How "nice"
would a typical Java VM running an RC5 thread be with respect to yielding
to other processes? Would the Java client detect a "more serious" (or
should I just call it "classic" :-P) client running on a system, and
refrain from grabbing the processor? If the Java version would run outside
a browser sandbox, why would I trust it more than any other type of client?

Any thoughts?

Peter (just constructive critisism guys. Go for it!)