[rc5] Thinking of an Alpha (the end)

Brian Neal bneal at volusianet.net
Wed Nov 12 19:17:58 EST 1997

I work with radio propagation and 3d rendering... but we have also just recently moved
into
the ISP business.  We're using our Alpha 500 as the server.  It has been hell for me to
find
multiport boards that support this machine (A Digi blew the whole thing away).  Tape
drives,
I have found to be inordinatly expensive.  NT 4.0 is the worst OS I have ever seen (I
can't even
prevent conncurrent connections of the same user) and Polywell is the worst company
I have
ever delt with.  And the drives all have big red stickers on them that read "Do not use
in a
continously running system".  And on top of all that, I simple don't see much future for
them.