[RC5] Re[2]: [rc5] Thinking of an Alpha (the end)

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Sun Nov 16 16:44:48 EST 1997

     Would have responded directly to you, but I didn't receive your e-Mail
     address.

     I find SAG Electronics' RAID arrays to be well priced and usable for
     Alpha machines.  I find NT 4 to be a waste of money in every
     application.  It is certainly unsuited as an ISP server.  I've never
     dealt with Polywell.  Their incompetence has little to do with the
     underlying processor and DEC's architectural specifications for it.

     If I were to go out and buy a new Alpha system, I'd start with the
     Linux Journal.  There are a number of competing hardware vendors that
     advertise in that mag and there are occasionally useful reviews.

     I've never had the trouble you mention, but I've never dealt with
     Polywell and don't suffer from a pointy-haired manager who thinks that
     MS OSes actually work.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu