[RC5] Problems w/Solarix 4 client

Joseph Fisk joe at rm405n-a.roberts.fit.edu
Mon Nov 17 21:04:42 EST 1997

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Luke Douglas wrote:

> Has anyone else had problems with fetching and the Solaris client? I'm
> running the thing through an XWindows emulator, and no matter what I set the
> protocols on, I keep getting "Network Open Error".

Try downloading the client again.  For some inexplicibly stupid reason,
many of the clients have been updated without a change in the version
number.  I had the same problem with the Solaris-non-ultra client, and it
was fixed by downloading the "newer version".

Joseph

** C. Joseph Fisk (mdmbkr)                           mdmbkr at chillin.org **
** Visit http://www.distributed.net - the world's fastest supercomputer **

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net