[RC5] Problems w/Solarix 4 client

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Tue Nov 18 01:07:45 EST 1997

At 09:04 PM 11/17/97 -0500, Joseph Fisk wrote:
>Try downloading the client again.  For some inexplicibly stupid reason,
>many of the clients have been updated without a change in the version
>number.  I had the same problem with the Solaris-non-ultra client, and it
>was fixed by downloading the "newer version".

This is indeed annoying, especially for those of us (just me?) who are
mirroring the FTP site for more widespread local use -
ftp://ftp.samurai.com/pub/rc5/ if anyone cares.  It'd be nice if you could
actually increment the version number when you update the software.  Yes, I
can just check the datestamp, but is following standard development
procedures really too much to ask?

(geez, next I'll be asking for changelogs so I know whether I need to
update my clients...)

Bryan
--
bryanf at samurai.com     Home      "You know, sometimes I just want to