Mirrors, was Re: [RC5] Problems w/Solarix 4 client

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Tue Nov 18 02:56:39 EST 1997

At 02:25 AM 11/18/97 -0500, Ryan Dumperth wrote:

> I agree with the comments about using real version numbers, and it is a
> hassle for users. But if you are going to illegally mirror copyrighted
> software, you probably shouldn't go advertising about it on public mailing
> lists. Just a thought.

<shrug> I'll move the mirror to a non-publicly accessible area if that'll make
them happy, but unless they can guarantee 24/7 availability at ethernet+
speeds
I'm going to mirror them for my team. I believe this will fall under
acceptable
use as per the copyright that ships with the client. If not I'd certainly like
to hear from a distributed.net core member, and I'll then take my machines and
work on primes or something else, because I'll have proof this project has
it's
head too far up it's ass to breathe.

ObStats: no updates since Nov 14th, eh?

Bryan