Mirrors, was Re: [RC5] Problems w/Solarix 4 client

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Tue Nov 18 02:19:11 EST 1997

Bryan Fullerton was heard saying:
>I'm going to mirror them for my team. I believe this will fall under
>acceptable use as per the copyright that ships with the client. If not
>I'd certainly like to hear from a distributed.net core member...

Certainly we have *no* objections whatsoever to local distributions of
the client code.  Our *only* concern is with sites who attempt to
become
fully public mirrors of ftp.distributed.net for all of the reasons
which have already been voiced in this thread.  There is no reason for
additional
public mirrors and several good arguments against having public
mirrors.

Myself, I have copies of all the relevant clients on ftp.slacker.com
and
ftp.hfdirect.com to make my own personal rollout much simpler.  Come to
think of it, I've also got the client in F:\PUBLIC.  :)

-Dave

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net