[RC5] What's up with Stats?

maverick maverick at ninja.techwood.org
Tue Nov 18 07:58:20 EST 1997

At 09:07 AM 11/18/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Does anyone know when Stats are going to update? It'd be nice to see the
>inter-team competition again...

  I'm really beginning to wonder myself...  This whole situation with the
stats has been screwy since the very beginning...  Were there really that
bad of bandwidth problems??? Now the person doing the stats is have ISP
problems???  For some reason I doubt that whoever this person is doing
business with for their ISP hasn't been able to get them connected to the
net for this long.  That's not much of an ISP as far as I'm concerned!  It
doesn't take DAYS for an ISP to get someone online that is having problems
getting connected ( not to mention an obviously technically capable person
at that! ) - that would no longer make then an ISP...that would make then
out-of-business!

I wonder what the real story is here?  If my ISP couldn't get me online for
this long myself and I would assume all of the other customers of this ISP
would be GONE!  Not only that but when I first realized that my ISP wasn't
going to have me online when I had taken on the task of keeping up a stats
page as big as this one - Id' be on another ISP within the hour.  Hell,
Mindspring is nationwide!

Matt
Nashville, Tennessee

      USER   PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT STAT  START  TIME   COMMAND
  maverick  4022 99.9  1.4   592   212  ?  R N   08:04  12:06  rc564

  maverick at ninja.techwood.org --------- http://www.martek.net/maverick
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net