[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Nov 18 09:20:17 EST 1997

'Chris Hodson' said previously:

| I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can figure out
| what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the source
| code, I'll release the blocks I've done.

[Envision a bank hold-up type scene... ]

{gruff voice}  "Nobody moves 'cept to hand me the source, or the little
block gets it!"

*shreik!*

[All the other hostage blocks shudder in terror as he grabs one to use as
a live bullet vest.]

;-)

Oh, come on.  Have some fun with the concept.  :-)  Lighten up.  :-)

On a more serious note, it would be nice to see the source for the
Bovine clients.  As it is, I run the *nix clients under a sacrificial
"rc5" account to contain any possible damage, should they be trojan
clients.

Of course, there have been many good reasons as to why the source
*hasn't* been released, but they're not all-justifying.  It's
especially questionable when the client binaries update on the FTP site
with no revision in the version number, not unlike what would happen
when a novice cracker replaces a binary with a trojan and forgets to
reset the date stamp.

Regards,

--Joe

--
 |- - - - -  j-zbiciak1 at ti.com  - - - - -|   You have the capacity to
 | - http://www.primenet.com/~im14u2c/ - |   learn from mistakes.
 |- - - -Texas Instruments, Dallas- - - -|   You will learn alot today.
 +------#include <std_disclaimer.h>------+
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net