[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Chris Arguin Chris.Arguin at unh.edu
Tue Nov 18 10:37:50 EST 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Joe Zbiciak wrote:

> 'Chris Hodson' said previously:
> |
> | I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can figure out
> | what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the source
> | code, I'll release the blocks I've done.
> |

> Oh, come on.  Have some fun with the concept.  :-)  Lighten up.  :-)
>
> On a more serious note, it would be nice to see the source for the
> Bovine clients.  As it is, I run the *nix clients under a sacrificial
> "rc5" account to contain any possible damage, should they be trojan
> clients.

They've said that V3 will be completely open. The V2 protocol (as I
understand it),  was designed with secrecy as the security. Not a good
thing, but that is why they *can't* release the source code.

Why push them for the source now? I'm waiting to see what V3 looks like.

--
Chris Arguin                 | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And
Chris.Arguin at unh.edu         |  sometimes we didn't even have Ones."

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net