[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Daniel Baker dbaker at wrangler.cuckoo.com
Tue Nov 18 09:57:37 EST 1997

> Daniel Baker wrote:
> >
> > > I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can figure out
> > > what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the source
> > > code, I'll release the blocks I've done.
> >
> > The binary is completely safe.  Besides, if any damage was to be done,
> > you would have done it.
> >
> > So, how many blocks are you "holding hostage"? 7? 8?
> >
> Actually, a few thousand. :)

So?  If you weren't intrested in participating in the effort, you shouldn't
have started running the client in the first place.

That's like going into a grocery store and filling you your cart, then
before you checkout announcing that you forgot that you are boycotting the store
and that you're going to walk out of the store with your cart filled. Oh no!

Who cares? If you're holding 3000 blocks, that's 805306368000 keys. Right
now, we're doing 7086MK/s. The blocks that you're holding hostage could
be recomputed in 32 seconds.  Thankyoudrivethru.

Daniel

--
Daniel Baker (dbaker at cuckoo.com)
Chief Technology and Executive Officer -- CuckooNet! (http://www.cuckoo.com)