[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Jeff Woods jeff at delta.com
Tue Nov 18 11:11:56 EST 1997

At 09:52 AM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can figure out
>what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the source
>code, I'll release the blocks I've done.

What an asshole....   Either you play by the rules, sir, or you don't, and
get ostracized.  I don't think you'll find much, if any, sympathy here.   I
hope you have good flame-retardant clothes on.

Bovine and his crew run this thing.  They've donated time, work, effort,
and bandwidth to the effort.  If you don't like the way they run it, then
shut the fuck up and start your OWN effort, with public source code.
Write the code yourself.   Write the servers yourself.  Write the stats
page and handlers yourself.  Pay for the bandwidth needed to support it
yourself.   And then find 50,000 friends who will donate spare CPU cycles.
THEN you can dictate to the admins (i.e. yourself) how things ought to be.

I wish there was a way to configre the proxys to STOP giving you blocks.
You're a detriment to all that Bovine and crew have accomplished.

I've upped my standards, now up yours.
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net