[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Perry Lucas perry3 at usit.net
Tue Nov 18 11:15:24 EST 1997

At 10:31 AM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> > I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can
figure out
>> > what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the
source
>> > code, I'll release the blocks I've done.

Ehhh, moron, may I call you that?  Or would you prefer Mr. Moron?  Think
about this for a minute...RC-56....Hmmm, yup Bovine had the answer all
along and just ran these clients for 250 days to collect Terrabytes upon
Terrabytes of info from all the these participating computers.  Yup yup...
Thats it.  They had it all along... This is just a huge conspiracy to steal
your nudy pics that you swiped from the Usenet...

You know, I bet you are a firm believer in the AOL 4.0 cookie too or even
the Good Times Virus.  Their both real you know...

Think about the massive storage space that would be required if they were
trying to steal something from all these computers.  And don't start
feeding me, oh they could attach a little bit at a time to each block I
send....yawn.... Think about the improbability of matching, and getting all
the little bits together, especially since they are sent to multiple proxy
servers.  It'll take a lot longer to put all the little pieces together,
than searching for the RC-64 key, especially if one them was oh, corrupted
in this vast void we call an internet.  Or perhaps if you actually moved a
file from your hard drive that Bovine was trying to steal...I guarentee you
the client being run would be a lot bigger than it is.

And if you have something really juicy on your computer, you shouldn't be
running anything untrusted on it to begin with.  Are we getting a clue yet
of how stupid you just sounded by stating your holding the blocks hostage?
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net