[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Adam Clark adamc at dowco.com
Tue Nov 18 08:49:55 EST 1997

Chris,

Have you ever asked Microsoft for source code?  Corel?  Adobe?  Your
favorite game developer?

Sounds rediculous, doesn't it?  Oh, but it would be rediculous to
think that THEY couldn't drop a trojan horse or virus in their
software, wouldn't it?  Oops!  Forgot about at least one incident
off the top of my head relating Microsoft to Virus.

Oh, but that's different - you weren't participating in some
large-scale worldwide effort.  (Except for Microsoft's worldwide
effort to make everyone mediocre, at best)  You PAID for their
software, so therefore it must be good and pure and beautiful.

This is free, it's an incredibly large task for the worldwide effort
to conquor, and there are huge sums of information that the
organizers have to keep track of to provide us with frills such as
the statistics, or provide you with blocks to crack.  They
devote their SPARE TIME to create clients for more platforms than
Bill Gates would like to admit exists so as few people as possible
could possibly be left out.

All this, and you have the utter lack of WIT to suggest that you're
going to hold blocks HOSTAGE?  You're a funny, disturbed individual.
Go take your "thousands" of blocks and go play somewhere else.  I
truely do hope you get blocked from the proxy servers, as this effort
is far better off without the likes of you around.

-Adam Clark