[RC5] Problems w/Solarix 4 client

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Tue Nov 18 11:49:29 EST 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Ryan Dumperth wrote:

> >This is indeed annoying, especially for those of us (just me?) who
> are
> >mirroring the FTP site for more widespread local use -
> >ftp://ftp.samurai.com/pub/rc5/ if anyone cares.
>
> Well, http://www.distributed.net/rc5/rc5v2-clients.html   sez:
>[....]
> I agree with the comments about using real version numbers, and it is a
> hassle for users. But if you are going to illegally mirror copyrighted
> software, you probably shouldn't go advertising about it on public
> mailing lists. Just a thought.

Has everyone reading this just not thought about what he said?  He said,
"mirroring for more widespread local use".  Somehow, this implies to me
that he has a site or large group of machines, and he's got a local set of
the clients there to ease distribution issues (and to avoid the slow
internet when he has no need to access it.)

So give him a break.  It's not like he was *actively* trying to get people
to use it as a mirror...

Ryan Anderson - Alpha Geek
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net