[RC5] Technically, he's not "Holding blocks hostage"

maverick maverick at ninja.techwood.org
Tue Nov 18 16:23:16 EST 1997

At 08:49 AM 11/18/97 +0000, Adam Clark wrote:

  Technically, is he REALLY holding blocks 'hostage'?  After all, there are
going to be blocks on machines out there that never get sent back to a
proxy and MAY have the key in them....if this is the case (so I was told in
#rc5) then the blocks that were never returned will be sent back out at the
end when all of the other blocks are completed and the server realizes
which blocks it never received back.

Can someone 'in the know' verify this?

Thanks,
 Matt Coleman
 Nashville, Tennessee

>All this, and you have the utter lack of WIT to suggest that you're
>going to hold blocks HOSTAGE?  You're a funny, disturbed individual.
>Go take your "thousands" of blocks and go play somewhere else.  I
>truely do hope you get blocked from the proxy servers, as this effort
>is far better off without the likes of you around.
>
>-Adam Clark

      USER   PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT STAT  START  TIME   COMMAND
  maverick  4022 99.9  1.4   592   212  ?  R N   08:04  12:06  rc564

  maverick at ninja.techwood.org --------- http://www.martek.net/maverick
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net