[RC5] Getting replies before your own message?

maverick maverick at ninja.techwood.org
Tue Nov 18 16:44:32 EST 1997

At 12:29 PM 11/18/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Anyone else find it amusing to get rebuttals before the original message
>gets to you?

  I will only get my post to the list back when the mail daemon on
llamas.net reaches 'n' (ninja.techwood.org).  If someone with an e-mail
domain starting with 'a' replies to my message the second they get it and
the mail que sending out my messages from a few minutes earlier has run
into a delay or has stopped to have a cigarette then the reply someone
wrote to me may get here first.

That wasn't a very good explanation...

  I'm going to attach a message that I sent through another list a few
weeks ago when someone asked the same question.  Problems like the one you
mentioned above are going to happen on any mailing list with thousands of
accounts subscribed to it.  Maybe this will help.