[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Ryan Dumperth woodie at indy.net
Tue Nov 18 17:58:08 EST 1997

>>I've decided that I am not going to return any blocks until I can figure out
>>what it is I am returning.  In other words, when bivine releases the source
>>code, I'll release the blocks I've done.
>
>Any keys that don't get processed and returned to the server will get
>automatically reissued after a month or so.

No answer is better than a wrong answer. Check the FAQ first next time,
it's pretty spiffy.

http://www.distributed.net/rc5/faq/rc5faq.html#TD0020

"In order to accommodate slower clients, there is no "recycle" period after
which a key is re-assigned. Key blocks are assigned sequentially. If we
reach the end of the keyspace without finding the solution, we'll start
back at the beginning and assign the unreturned key blocks."

Public Key: http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8D98E677
PGP Key Fingerprint: 4913 67E3 BCA8 6326 F404  6005 6C1B D2D8 8D98 E677
PGP, use it or lose it.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net