[RC5] Dist Computing in the Workplace

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Nov 18 14:10:21 EST 1997

     I understand that Symantec's recent compilers will load share a
     build...

Subject: [RC5] Dist Computing in the Workplace
Author:  <rc5 at llamas.net > at SMTP
Date:    11/17/97 6:09 PM

Was wondering if anyone here knows of companies that use DC or ICDC in thw
workplace.  When I was at Nortel I vaguely remember reading about one
company whose product was something along the lines of using existing
computers for cycle-intensive decision support systems.

Any ideas/pointers?  If you want to email, I'' post a summary later.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm predicting that the world will end in the year 2000. The
Creator of the universe works in mysterious ways, but He uses
a base ten counting system and likes round numbers."
                             -- Dogbert, the Doomsday Prophet
Chris Neuman                 chris.neuman at ualberta.ca
Operations Management IV     http://www.su.ualberta.ca/chris

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net