[RC5] 2000ms ping times to best.com?

maverick maverick at ninja.techwood.org
Tue Nov 18 15:59:00 EST 1997

At 06:19 AM 11/18/97 -0800, you wrote:

Either way, if my ISP couldn't ping best.com in less than a few
milliseconds - I'd be gone!  Best.com has somewhere in the neighborhood of
five (5) fiber optic T3 lines and ANYONE should be able to get to them
FAST!  If his 'ISP' couldn't get to them in less than 2000ms then I think
the joke is on us and this is another excuse.  No one would be dumb enough
to have an ISP that couldn't even ping one of the fastest ISPs in the
country in less than a few milliseconds.

I don't mean to give the Bovine / Distributed people grief but these delays
and excuses are beginning to sound rather ridiculous.

Matt Coleman
Nashville, Tennessee

>I thought the problem wasn't getting online, it was delays between his ISP
and
>the site the stats have moved to.  I remember seeing something about 2000ms
>ping times or something...  Anyway, let's give them a break for a few days
>guys!  They'll get everything working.

 "The nature of life is to delight in all possible loopholes. Every
  creature is in some way hacking a living by reinterpreting the rules."
					-- Kevin Kelly
  maverick at ninja.techwood.org --------- http://www.martek.net/maverick
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net