[RC5] client protocol security

Adam Rotaru-Varga adam at slin.aubg.bg
Wed Nov 19 12:50:05 EST 1997

  Hi to all cows--
  I'd like to raise the question of the reliability of the communication
protocol between the clients and the keyserver(s). I suppose there must be
some authorization/encoding scheme, otherwise anyone could connect and
give some fake replies (like "I completed this-and-this block" when in
reality it didn't). Of course, there's no reason why someone should do
this, apart mere bad intention or boosting the stats, but it could
undermine the whole project.
  Is the authorization good enough?

  regards
     /Adam/  moo!

         Adam Rotaru-Varga
         Computer Science student, American University in Bulgaria
         http://www.aubg.bg/beast/students/adamrota.ru/adam.html

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net