[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Wed Nov 19 08:57:32 EST 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:04:09 -0500, Ben Byer wrote:

>Actually, I'd be willing to bet it's about zero.  If you had the winning
>key and could win money, would YOU hold it back, even if you were angry
>with the contest holders?  I think not.  Therefore, his protest is
>COMPLETELY irrelevant. :)

The client does not announce that it has a possible winner until it
contacts the keyserver.  So there is a 3000/2^64 chance that he does
have The Key hostage.  Which is about the same chance that I have a
lost $100 bill stuck in my underwear.

| Skip Huffman      | "A penny saved may be a penny     |
| Carreker-Antinori | earned, but it's a waste of a     |
| Atlanta Office    | deposit slip and it really pisses |
| Quality Group     | off the tellers."                 |

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net