[RC5] 2000ms ping times to best.com?

Christiaan cstoudt at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 18:21:41 EST 1997

I would say you were right in that respect, but I fear not.

Here at EarthLink we have many more T3s than best.com and even at times I could get a 2000+ ping rate.

If Nugget's ISP was having problems one jump or two into the trace to best.com this will cause bad pings no matter what their total bandwidth is. Remember how many routers we all go through on the Internet.

Wouldn't be the first time I have seen the bigger ISPs have problems because of a misconfigured router or one that gets too much traffic.

Sincerely,

Christiaan Stoudt       | cstoudt at earthlink.net
Technical Writer        | voice:(626)296-5811
Tech Support Tools      | http://help.earthlink.net
EarthLink Network, Inc. | http://www.earthlink.net
3100 New York Drive     |  The shortest distance between two points,
Pasadena, CA 91107      |  is to jump as many curbs as possible.