[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Christiaan cstoudt at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 09:17:59 EST 1997

Well today's word of the day from: Wordsmith [wsmith at wordsmith.org]

dis.dain v. i. To be filled with scorn; to feel contemptuous anger;
   to be haughty.

dis.dain n. [OE. desdain, disdein, OF. desdein, desdaing, F. d['e]dain,
   fr. the verb. See Disdain, v. t.] 1. A feeling of contempt and
   aversion; the regarding anything as unworthy of or beneath one; scorn.

dis.dain v. t. [OE.  disdainen, desdainen, OF. desdeigner, desdaigner,
   F. d['e]daigner; des- (L. dis-) + daigner to deign, fr. L. dignari
   to deem worthy. See Deign.] 1. To think unworthy; to deem unsuitable
   or unbecoming; as, to disdain to do a mean act.

Somehow I think this fits how sometimes these threads just go a little too far and attack each other too much...

Sincerely,

Christiaan Stoudt       | cstoudt at earthlink.net
Technical Writer        | voice:(626)296-5811
Tech Support Tools      | http://help.earthlink.net
EarthLink Network, Inc. | http://www.earthlink.net
3100 New York Drive     |  The shortest distance between two points,
Pasadena, CA 91107      |  is to jump as many curbs as possible.