[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

The CrapHead! craphead at techie.com
Wed Nov 19 23:00:44 EST 1997

> >Incorrect.  There is no timeout on keys as of right now.  However, the 3000
> >keys he's holding are irrelevant either way, as the likelihood of them
> >being the winning ones is quite small.
> Actually, I'd be willing to bet it's about zero.
More exactly, it's about 0.000000000000016263%.. ;)

> If you had the winning key and could win money, would YOU hold it
> back, even if you were angry with the contest holders?  I think not.
He won't know if he has the winning key if he does..

> Therefore, his protest is COMPLETELY irrelevant. :)
Yupp.. If he doesn't have the correct key, it won't matter if he sends
it in.. Those blocks will just be skipped for now, and it won't slow
down the search..
If he _does_ have the correct key, which is very unlikely, we will
have to go through all the blocks, and then someone else will find it
when we start reassigning blocks..
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net