[RC5] 2000ms ping times to best.com?

Christiaan cstoudt at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 18:00:07 EST 1997

Hello...

Not to be picky or anything bad but let me clarify a few things.

EarthLink's total current bandwidth/capacity: OC-48, or the equivalent of 48 T3 lines with a speed capacity of 2.5 gigabytes per second. Obviously we are not running at full capacity.. but we definitely have more than 5 T3s online... we are currently the largest independent ISP out there...

And as to your other remark:

In my second paragraph I said :

>If Nugget's ISP was having problems one jump or two into the trace to
>best.com this will cause bad pings no matter what their total bandwidth is.
>Remember how many routers we all go through on the Internet.

As seen I knew that and was trying to get the person I replied to to understand that...

Sincerely,

Christiaan Stoudt       | cstoudt at earthlink.net
Technical Writer        | voice:(626)296-5811
Tech Support Tools      | http://help.earthlink.net
EarthLink Network, Inc. | http://www.earthlink.net
3100 New York Drive     |  The shortest distance between two points,
Pasadena, CA 91107      |  is to jump as many curbs as possible.