[RC5] nt-alpha-client

Michael Zieger m.zieger at kem.ac.at
Thu Nov 20 12:58:32 EST 1997

At 04:01 20.11.97 GMT, rc5 at amazing.ch wrote:
>As soon as the nt-alpha-client came out, I installed
>it and let it run, but I was disappointed. It did no
>work at all. Ok, it passed the -test and the -benchmark
>was great, but when run as a service and left alone,
>it didn't use any cpu (or at least so little, it showed
>up as 0% in the Taskmanager) and it didn't return one
>single Block in more than a week...

Maybe you checked the CPU-usage immediately after starting the client? At
first it fetches some blocks, which uses almost no CPU. Maybe you should
have waited with CPU-checking until it got the first blocks...

happy cracking, mike

// Michael Zieger
// All computers wait at the same speed - why not install RC5?
//-- Any CPU time left?    Help us at: http://rc5.kem.ac.at/
//-- Crack RC5-64          64bit code cracking with Team-RC5 at kem.ac.at
// End Of Mail
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net