[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Andrei Cular acular at helios.acomp.usf.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:59:15 EST 1997

ok i will take the blaem for the web server going down from 12:30am till
9am. but process load.. the ave idle is .4% and i brought it up to a whole
5%  the box is a multiprocessor ultra sparc 3000 ent server all it does is
run student web pages and email..

It has come to my attention that you a program called "rc564", which is
part of the intiative to crack RSA encryption.  Due to the process load
that is created, I must tell you to stop your use of this program.  If
this program is being used in direct support of class activites, please
respond to this message.  Otherwise, if you are found to be running RC5
again, your account will be removed.

Academic Computing
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net