[RC5] buff-in file structure

kmclaurin at akashic.com kmclaurin at akashic.com
Thu Nov 20 20:18:12 EST 1997

I would like to make the buff-in file hold more blocks for week long crunch
sessions.
>From looking at the file, it looks like a 4 byte word with 64, followed by a
32 bit word
with the number of blocks. Then each key block consists of 124 bytes -- so
would
it be possible to combine 2 buff-in files by adding the second files key
blocks to the end
of the first file and updating the 2nd 32 bit word to indicate the total
number of blocks?

I am concerned about byte order / byte sex / big endian constraints but
believe that
this is NOT important since Macs and Wintels can use the same buff files.

Another use would to be combine old block files with new ones to purge those
buried
blocks from the LIFO effects.
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net