[RC5] Win32: feature creep

Jason Bechtel jbechtel at eng.utoledo.edu
Fri Nov 21 02:59:23 EST 1997

Bovine Team,

I have a feature suggestion for the clients with a hidden mode.

First, I realize that the policy is that the client should not be run on
machines without approval from the owners, but I go to a *rather* large
school with vast computing facilities and no one would really notice.
And besides, the client wouldn't have all of these stealth features if
it wasn't expected to be used surreptitiously...

What keeps me from installing this client on every machine on campus is
that I have to put my email address in the settings and, should the
client be discovered and not well received, I have left a perfect
calling card.

My suggestion is that there be a way to encrypt the email address in the
.ini file and in the client configuration screen.  A simple encryption
is all that would be necessary.  DES would do.  :-)

There are literally hundreds of computers here which could be utilized
if this were implemented.

Your feature creep,
Jason Bechtel

Team University of Toledo
http://jb.ml.org/

--
** You can be part of the biggest, fastest computer in the world!
Decide the future of global computing:  www.distributed.net **
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net