[RC5] Theme Cow for rc5 (HERD!!!!)

Paul Chvostek paul at it.ca
Fri Nov 21 03:53:48 EST 1997

Quoth Kwoody:
> BTW...I posted this before but noone answered...is there a client for a
> 3/60 running SunOS 4.1.0? I see some clients but they are all for sparcs.
> I did email off the main page but got no reply.
>
> I have a couple of 3/60's humming away in the basement doing nothing. Not
> fast by any stretch but that would bring my total to 4 boxes running RC5.

Back in the early days of RC5-56, when the client source code was still
being freely distributed and *anyone* could play, some of us on the
rsacrack at vex.net team had a bit of a contest to see who could get the
slowest box onto our local stats page.  I was down pretty low for a bit
with a 16MHz 386, then some wise ass brought up a Sun 2/60.  Never seen
numbers so small.

I hate to say it, but there's a *reason* your 3/60's are in the basement
doing nothing.  Give them something to do, and the'll still be doing
pretty much nothing.  Four of them running RC5 would still be slower
than a 386/40.  Best to spend your time recruiting a single person with
a 486.  :-)

I have an old electric typewriter here, but I don't know where to find
a C compiler for it....

--
  Paul Chvostek                                            <paul at it.ca>
  Operations / Development                         vox: +1 416 598 0000

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net