[RC5] Top-100 List

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Fri Nov 21 02:59:31 EST 1997

'Ching Yen Choon' said previously:

| I must say that the Top-100 List is getting longer and longer to load every
| time. If each team put their own gif image there, then we have to load 100
| images, this got to be stop, it just eat up all the new bandwidth.

While I don't agree 100% with the IMG tags in team names, it shouldn't
be a problem for the stats server, as someone else pointed out.  The
images come from other web servers, and so they don't detract from the
stat server's bandwidth.  Also, since most browsers cache images, the
load time shouldn't be seriously affected either, once you've loaded the
images the first time.

If a team *does* feel the need to put an IMG tag in its team name,
please don't forget the WIDTH/HEIGHT attribute tags.  The stats
listings are in TABLEs, which many popular browsers (esp. Netscape)
refuse to render until the sizes of all the cells are determined.

--Joe

--
 |- - - - -  j-zbiciak1 at ti.com  - - - - -|   You have the capacity to
 | - http://www.primenet.com/~im14u2c/ - |   learn from mistakes.
 |- - - -Texas Instruments, Dallas- - - -|   You will learn alot today.
 +------#include <std_disclaimer.h>------+
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net